This had to be one for Jack because it's all hot stuff, but he was very careful bending the cheese sauce, and did a great job of layering up the meats.
The kids loved it because it's pasta and cheese! I loved the fact that using Flora instead of butter cut down a little of the sat fats (shame they don't to a flora cheesy!). Hubby loved the secret layer of meat he wasn't expecting!
5 clean plates at the end. Can't say better than that.
Macaroni Cheese with Chicken & Chorizo
Serves 4-6 | Prep time: 15mins | Cooking Time: 15mins
2 tbsp of Flora Buttery
2 tbsp plain flour
500ml / 1 pint milk
1 bay leaf
1 tsp mustard powder
150g / 5oz grated mature cheddar cheese
Salt & Pepper
320g / 11oz macaroni pasta
240g chicken pieces
100 chorizo, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350F / GM 4
- Boil the pasta in salted water
- While that's cooking, melt the Flora Buttery in a pan, add the flour and stir to form a paste. Gradually whisk in the milk to form a smooth sauce.
- Stir in the seasonings and 2/3 of the cheese, simmer gently for 10-15 mins.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and tip half of it into a baking dish.
- Layer on the chicken and chorizo
- Add the last of the pasta
- Pour over the cheese sauce and sprinkle on the last of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until bubbling and golden.