- It took poor D a week to locate the problem with Yorkie's PC, and then couldn't fix it so had to wipe the drive and start again
- There was hassle getting a vesion of XP to stick, so D and I have had to use my old PC's XP Pro on it.
- Home and Pro don't like sharing!
- Got the PCs to see each other, but they wouldn't share
- Got them to share for 10 mins, and then they fell out with each other as I was installing some safety programs
- 5 hours of tinkering didn't fix the problem!
- Swearing at them didn't fix the problem!
- Threatening them didn't fix the problem!
Although - as so often happens - a nights sleep made everything clearer, and within half an hour of tinkering this morning I have not only get them to talk, but they are now also sharing and playing nicely together. I swear, it's like having KIDS in the house!
Typically this is all sorted out now that my poor feller is back at work, and not home to enjoy them. But I do foresee a night of Guild Waring! It's sunday after all, nothing on the telly, and we're having quick-to-cook orange food for tea tonight so there's nothing (in theory) to stop us! Hooray!
Spoken to my dad today, he's back from France and loves what I have made for him on Blogger. He's coming over to see me on Tuesday so I'll be showing him how blogger works and hopefully he'll make a start on his BnB diary. He fancies himself as a bit of a writter. He wants to write a docu-novel, and a serise of childrens books too. I think he'll be pretty good at it too. He's always been great with kids, and his imagination knows no bounds (any one who's ever met him will agree to that - although it's not always good thing! lol). He's bought himself a new car while he was in France.... I'm quite worried about what it might be. Knowing dad it'll be HUGE and NOISEY! But he's also bringing me a spare combi-oven thing that he and Fay had lying around as my oven and microwave are not functioning at the moment. There are certainly advantages to having a parent who always has more stuff than he needs! His hand-me-down mght be a bit shoddy, but they do the job for a little while. Hopefully long enough for us to be able to afford a new oven and micro wave!!!