But the point is that my biggest little man wanted some quality time and I wasn't about to say no. So today we went to town, did a little birthday present shopping - he has a party to go to tomorrow - got him a much needed hair cut, a treat lunch at McDonalds... and then his choice of dinner which he could help make.
Jack LOVES pizza.
I don't normally share recipes on here, but since this is something me and Jack did together I think I can get away with it :0)
3-4 fl oz warm water
1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp yeast
8oz strong white flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oil
1 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp oregano
- Blend the water, sugar & yeast, leave to froth (about 12-15 mins)
- Add flour, salt & egg
- I bung it in the bread-maker now but you should mix & knead until smooth & elastic.
- Rub in the garlic paste, oil & herbs, leave to rise for about an hour.
- Knead it again (with some flour to stop it sticking) and stretch it out on to your tray or stone. I love my Pampered Chef Stone <3
(excuse the building materials in my kitchen... the bathroom still isn't finished and this is the one place I can lock the kids out of when I need to so dangerous stuff is being dumped in here out of harms way)
2-3 cloves of garlic
Tin of Tomatoes (400g)
Italian herbs of your choice (we like lots of Oregano)
- Gently fry the finely chopped onion and crushed garlic in a little oil. Keep it on a low light and don't let it singe!
- Add the chopped tomatoes and herbs, reduce until you're happy with the thickness
Putting it togther:
We spread the sauce over our pizza base then curled up the edge of the dough to stop the sauce from flooding. The we grated cheese on to it, usually just what ever we have in like a nice mature cheddar - nom.
After this it's what ever toppings we feel like! Tonight it was ham, pineapple, mushrooms and pepperoni. Finally we topped off with some big lumps of mozzarella.
Then shove it in the oven on GM7 for 30-40 mins depending what you cooking on, we used the stone so it was closer to 40mins and LOVELY!
I had planned to get as photo of my boys eating this, but it vanished too quickly! I just about got a snap of baby Georgie tucking in to the last of his topping, but Jack and Tom.... well. Clean plates and happy smiling faces! That'll teach me for letting them "picnic" off their stools instead of eating at the table!