It's been a while since I posted a new recipe. Mostly because it's winter and I have been sticking to the same dozen or so meals over a two week period. I'm not at my most creative in winter... But this is one that we've had a couple of times and I've not blogged about. Hubby also likes to make dumpling to go with this, but they are pretty high in Pro Points so it's up to you if you have them or not. I try to work them in by using my Weeklies for them!
Low Fat Cooking Spray
1/2 lb stewing steak
200g potatoes, diced
200g sweet potatoes. diced
200g carrots, diced
2 tbs plain flour
5-6 big mushrooms (or more if you're hungry!)
1 large onion, diced
Rosemary & Thyme
Salt & Pepper
Vegetable Stock cube, make up to approx 1 pint
- Brown off the potato, sweet potato, and carrots in a little cooking spray. When they start to colour round the edges add the onion & garlic.
- In a bowl, mix the flour & herbs, and a little seasoning. Add the steak and coat in the flour.
- Pop the roots into another bowl for a while, and brown off the meat in the same pan. Add a little stock if you need to stop it from sticking.
- Once the meat is browned stir in the remaining flour (of any is left), add the mushrooms and allow to cook for a few minutes. Then return the roots to the pan and stir together.
- Add the rest of the stock - it needs to just cover the meat and vegetables. Cover and simmer until the roots are tender and the meat starts to fall apart.
You can add dumplings for the last 15-20 mins if you want... but don't forget to point them!
Facebook has changed it’s policy for posts to Facebook pages like mine. They are only showing posts to a few likers unless I pay to boost the views. Since I don't earn money from my blog (or at least not much, not even enough to buy one posh a coffee a week) I wont be doing that. The best way to make sure you will see my blog posts is to subscribe by email up there on the right. I usually only email once a week and include an invitation to my blog hop so you can share your posts too.
You can also go to my page, hover over the “liked” button and select get notifications. Then you will see my posts and status updates in your notifications. Mumma Walker on Facebook