So I gained 1lb this week. It's not unexpected. The kids have been sick and off school which has meant no walking out - apart from one short walk at the beginning of the week. And we had a cock up with the grocery order too so I had very little fresh fruit & veg, and no means of getting out to buy more. And I was flooded with sweet treats from Hubby and my sons yesterday for Valentines - and I pigged out a bit yesterday. I even had a glass of wine, something I haven't done in YEARS with the whole trying to get pregnant, being pregnant, and breastfeeding thing I've been doing for around 7-8 years. In truth I am glad it's not MORE than 1lb because I fully expected a 2lb gain, although I am sad not to have lost.
Hubby has lost 2lb though which is brilliant. He didn't expect to have lost at all, but he's been out walking at work in the cold and it does have an impact.
I'm a little worried about how I am going to get my Fitbit steps in next week. The kids are off school for the Half Term Holidays. My eldest would happily walk with me, my youngest is still happy in the sling... but my 4 yo is lazy and my 2 yo isn't exactly capable of long walks (and won't use the pushchair any more). So my expectations are not high. I will have to work doubly hard once they go back to school next Tuesday.
- Me: +1 lb
- Hubby: -2 lb
- My total loss since Nov 2013: 59 lb
- Could have been MUCH worse!
Things I have learned this week:
- I really need my exercise - and I miss it when I don't get it.
- Not having as much fruit and veg in for a week made a massive (and rubbish) difference to my well being
- I already knew this but this week has reinforced it: My "diet" is going to have to be a forever way of life or I am just going to gain all my weight back. One week of little exercise and poor diet and I have gained weight, lost sleep, and felt my mood dip.
Targets for this week:
- Try to get some exercise in with the kids
- Make sure I eat well
- Focus on not gaining again this week.
Facebook has changed it’s policy for posts to Facebook pages like mine. They are only showing posts to a few likers unless I pay to boost the views. Since I don't earn money from my blog (or at least not much, not even enough to buy one posh a coffee a week) I wont be doing that. The best way to make sure you will see my blog posts is to subscribe by email up there on the right. I usually only email once a week and include an invitation to my blog hop so you can share your posts too.
You can also go to my page, hover over the “liked” button and select get notifications. Then you will see my posts and status updates in your notifications. Mumma Walker on Facebook